About Destiny Counselling
Destiny Counselling Service has offered Christian Counselling since 2005. Our aim and desire is to provide acceptance and understanding to all who come for help. We seek to enable people to work through their difficulties and choices as they wish, by offering counselling for all whether Christian, of any other faith, or no faith.
Destiny Counselling is affiliated to the Association of Christian Counsellors.
Who are we?
All of our counsellors are trained, and whilst they may work with different models of counselling, all are committed Christians. Some of our counsellors give up their time on voluntary basis. All of them receive supervision and are accountable to the Lead Counselling Team.
Destiny Counselling Service is accountable to the “Trustees in the Destiny Churches where we operate. The counselling service and the counsellors all provide counselling according to the Code of ethics and Practice of the Association of Christian Counsellors.
There are full time lead counsellors in both Edinburgh and Glasgow Campuses, supported by well trained and dedicated volunteer counsellors.
Pastor David Thomson Pastor David Thomson is in full time ministry and a member of the Pastoral Leadership team of Destiny Ministries, which consists of congregations in Scotland and a network of Churches in the UK, Europe and India. He is responsible for the development of counselling services as well as providing therapeutic counselling and pastoral care at the Glasgow Church. David also serves on the Board of ACC UK . At Destiny College he teaches on Project Management, Mercy Ministries, Counselling and Pastoral Care. David has an infectious passion for God and for people and a desire to truly make a real, practical difference in the world locally and nationally.
What is Christian Counselling?
Christian Counselling is a time-limited, focused process where the counsellor comes alongside another to help them:
- To freely explore their experiences, thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- To reach a clearer self-understanding and have an objective perspective (God’s perspective or viewpoint on how you see yourself, your behaviours, your beliefs, your emotions and your situation).
- To find and use their strength and God’s strength to live more effectively by making appropriate decisions and taking relevant actions.
- To development of deeper/healthy relationships with God, self and others.
- Anyone who needs time and space to talk and work through their difficulties in a confidential setting.
- We frequently see people who are suffering with: depression, abuse, marital/relationship problems, bereavement, eating disorders, anxiety and stress, spiritual problems, alcohol and drug recovery.
- One to one counselling
- Supervision for counsellors
- Group work
- Counselling Training
If you wish to be seen privately and are not a member of Destiny Church then a donation is expected. A registration fee of £5 is required. We don’t have fixed charges per session but encourage clients to pay according to what is a fair donation. On average counsellors are charging £35 -£50 per session in the market place. We would ask you to give according to your means but take into consideration the value of the service provision.
How can you book?
We offer counselling services at:
Destiny Church Glasgow: 1120 Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3QP. Tel: +44(0) 141-616-6777
Destiny Church Edinburgh: Leith Centre, 12 Casselbank Street, Edinburgh, EH6 5HA. Tel: +44 (0) 131-555-2707 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org