Day 7 Prayer & Fasting
Dear e-News friends and church members,
Riding The Coming Wave
“After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.”
– Acts 4:31-32
I’ve only ever surfed once in my life and I was abysmal at it. But it’s amazing to see some of those expert surfers ride the waves with such incredible skills.
We read in our verse today that after they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.
We’re coming to the close of this week of prayer and fasting. We have prayed so expect some shaking!!
This word ‘shaken’ has at its root meaning, ‘wave’ or ‘vibration.’
Waves come after prayer!
We must be ready to ride the wave that God has already started around us. We do that by first recognising it, and then getting on it.
It will look like this:
- Divine appointments with people who are open.
- Difficult circumstances in the lives of others into which we can show love or provide solutions.
- Our peace and confidence meeting their worry and anxiety.
- People reaching in from new streets, localities, villages, cities even nations.
- New people with new skills turning up.
And we ride this wave the same way the early church did after they prayed – with boldness!!
We need to be courageous and ready. So today let’s pray that:
- All of us, from the youngest to the oldest will be bold and courageous to speak up and share.
- That God will give us eyes to see the wave of opportunity.
- That we will be faithful with every single person God sends our way.
- That we will also be filled full of the Holy Spirit.
Then give today over to thankfulness and gratitude to God for giving us the privilege of prayer and that He has heard those prayers and will answer.
Hope you enjoy your meal tonight!
We love you.