Pastor Andrew Owen
Dear Church, friends and partners,
I hope and pray that you are keeping well, safe and confident, and that you already know deep in your heart that the God who said He would never leave you is right there with you, today, tomorrow and always.
Easter was a remarkable moment of celebration, even though it was very different to say the least.
But look at this:
- The small clip we made ‘What Easter Means To Me’ was watched 260,000 times over the weekend.
- We had between 16,000 – 20,000 people connect with us on church online last weekend, and the number continues to grow as others catch up again through the week.
- Around 80 people wanted prayer, and many decisions were made for Jesus.
We are not alone in seeing this, many churches are reporting huge increases of people connecting as the world becomes more fearful.
Whilst we sure do miss meeting each other, we can confidently say the church is open and well outside the four walls of the building.
Then, here in Glasgow we are now cooking 1,000 hot meals a week for the hostels and homeless, and several other community helping projects are underway.
We must make the most of this present situation, by continuing to reach out to all our family and friends, invite ALL of them with you to church online on Sunday at 11am or 5pm (UK time).
Then this Sunday we are live on UCB. Our church services will be streamed to 120,000 UCB friends and followers at the same times of 11am and 5pm.
I am very grateful especially to many who were made temporarily redundant from their regular Sunday ministry teams and have signed up for new tasks and responsibilities.
Please pray for the following:
- All our pastors, hosts, growth group leaders as they manage the various ‘chats’ on all the platforms that we are now operating on. Pray that we will be able to make real lasting connections and disciples.
- Pray for our finances. We have had to close all our hall hire/events business end of things, this income created around 32% of our budget. We are now looking to God to see that income come in.
- Pray for continued protection over all our church
- Pray for Solomon and all the churches in India who have been hit very hard with the lockdown.
- Pray for our beloved African partners at JAM and Jesus Alive, as the need of the poor has only increased. We forget more die of poverty and hunger than any virus touching the earth.
We are praying for you.
The world has never seen such a calamity, 185 nations now hit hard, both in health and wealth.
I think God is using what the devil means for bad to bring about a global shift and change.
In some countries Bibles have completely sold out in all bookstores. Others are reporting of unprecedented prayer. Everyone is touched, we are all being affected.
Habakkuk prophesied it, the Bible tells us it, the righteous shall live by faith, or more closely the text reads, the righteous shall live by His faithfulness, aren’t you glad that you KNOW Him? Let’s give others the same opportunity.
We love you guys,
Andrew & Sue.