Dear church family and e-News friends,
Please know that wherever you are in the world we are praying for you regularly and often.
Here in Scotland, lockdown continues to slowly be eased and our church family here have been absolutely fantastic both in following the guidelines but also stepping up to make the most of the opportunity.
We have seen more people join us for church than ever before. More of the church attend more often than ever before. More of our people bring and invite friends and family than ever before. Growth group leaders report their groups being better attended than ever before. The numbers for courses like Alpha, According To The Pattern and Five have increased significantly. Reports of salvations, healings and miracles continue to come in almost daily. Plus, of course, the huge numbers of hot meals and food bags going out every week from our Southside and Gorbals hubs.
You have been amazing – don’t stop now!
Yesterday the Scottish Government announced that from 15th July places of worship can open again – in a very restricted capacity.
For us, being multi-site, this will take a bit of planning…
- Many of our districts hire buildings which are not opening yet.
- Health and safety assessments and risk assessments need to be carried out on the buildings we do own.
- In buildings like our Southside location, under the guidelines, we would have to restrict numbers to LESS than 25% of who would normally come in morning or evening.
- Of course, worship and praise is a MASSIVE value for us – no singing is allowed in this phase.
- People who do attend must submit names and addresses etc.
I could go on but let me just say today there will be no plans for Sunday gatherings for at least the next two Sundays and we will continue to advise you as things continue to progress.
Our options include of course:
- Multiple small gatherings throughout Sundays where we do have access.
- Gathering together and having church online in the buildings on large screens.
So keep giving your all to maximising church online – it is here to stay for sure, and keep praying for wisdom as we discern together the plan forwards in the Holy Spirit.
Blessing to you and yours,