Dear e-News friends and church members,
This is our moment!
Let me start today’s e-News by asking you a question…
Take a moment to think it over.
How did you become a follower of Jesus?
I am sure you can remember it very well and I’d be willing to go a little further and predict that for 99.9% of us at least one other person was involved.
Why do I say that?
“How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?”
Has it ever occurred to you to pass that kindness on?
1 Peter 3:15
“But in your hearts honour Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defence to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect..”
Never before have you and I had an easier path by which to share God’s love with both our local and global neighbours.
Church online makes it so easy to do someone the kindness of sending them an invitation to hear the life changing good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Copy and paste links into text messages or WhatsApp groups.
- Like and share our posts on social media.
- Call friends and invite them.
- Let neighbours know how to find us.
- Put your own testimony online and let those who know you hear your story.
- Promote our Alpha courses.
- Start a watch party on Facebook.
Are you willing to do for someone else what somebody did for you?
Remember too as and when your family and friends also become followers of Jesus, we are here to help you help them move forward in their new life with God.
- We have resources like: “This Is For You” that they can have for free.
- We can get them a Bible.
- We will assign them a pastor to lead them.
- We will connect them to a Growth Group to quickly make new friends.
- We will pray for them.
“One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.”
So, go on, it could not be any easier, reach out to some people this weekend, you send the invite and let God do the rest.
“The Lord has done this, and it is marvellous in our eyes. The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice and be glad.”
I can’t wait to meet your friends and family at church very soon.
Praying for you.