Dear e-News friends and church members,
“So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting…”
Today is probably a good day to remind ourselves why we are in prayer and fasting this week in particular.
“Fasting is more about longing for the power and presence of Jesus than restricting our appetites.”
We are in prayer and fasting together because…
- We long for the presence of God in our lives more keenly.
- We are serious about the gospel transforming our nations.
- We expect Surge month to be life changing for us and for others who connect.
- We want to see people come to know Jesus more than ever before.
What would you add to the list?
As we fast and pray together into the points we share in the e-News each day, it is perfectly legitimate for you to bring some prayer requests of your own.
In fact, I would encourage you to do so!
- Maybe you need a breakthrough in your family?
- In your health?
- In your finances?
- Over your job or business?
- Over a big decision you need to make?
I promise you God is as interested in these things as the “BIG” things on our list.
So fast, pray and expect your answer…
“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.”
Praying and fasting with you,