The Journey Of Our Lives
Aren’t you pleased God is a good God?
Our good God has planned out for you the blessed and fruitful journey of a lifetime!
Are you walking in it?
Are you living your best life?
When Ezra and God’s people were setting out on a new journey they fasted and prayed and committed it to the Lord.
There, by the Ahava Canal, I [Ezra] proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions” (Ezra 8:21)
Yesterday we prayed our prayer of commitment, today we have begun our fast.
Do you want to know the secret of making it a success? Read the verse again and notice these words… “that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions”
As we commence a new fast we are also entering a new year, fasting is one way by which we humble ourselves and secure God’s protection on the journey of this year – not just for ourselves but for our children and all our possessions.
Prayer and fasting is a sure-fire way to ensure our prayer life moves from one of reacting to crisis to one that prevents crisis.
Corrie Ten Boom said it this way:
“is prayer your spare tyre, or your steering wheel?“
Today please pray for the following:
- For the church family to know God’s presence and power as they pray and fast
- For the church to know divine protection every day of this year
- For the church to experience a huge increase in the number of those giving their lives to God this year
- For the church to know divine health and healing in us and all the members of our families this year
- For the church to know God’s blessing on all our possessions this year – our homes, the buildings we use, our personal cars, our corporate minibuses, everything.
Have a blessed day, see you tomorrow,
We look forward to gathering together on Saturday evening at the end of the week of prayer & fasting for a Holy Spirit Night as we also launch the Saturday Night service. Join us as we lift God’s name high!